The goals of Storytime at Ladew include:
- Sharing the joy and pleasures of reading
- Introducing children to learning in a social setting
- Introducing children (and adults) to the gardens in order to cultivate an interest in and appreciation for nature
- Encouraging parents and their children to venture outdoors
- Encouraging creativity and imagination (through stories, the fun and whimsical designs of Mr. Ladew’s gardens, and through craft projects in the wintertime)
Examine natural science with usthrough hands-on exploration. ( Ages 9-15 ) This is a drop off program.
Veiw the current schedule>>
Storytime in the Gardens
These nature-themed programs are scheduled from April through October for ages 2-6 years with an adult. Weather permitting, sessions take place outdoors under shade trees in several gardens throughout the year. View the current schedule>>
Nature Stories and Crafts
Storytime at Ladew continues even after the gardens officially close to the public for the year. From November through March, join us in Ladew’ Studio for a morning or afternoon of interactive nature stories, followed by making a fun, take-home craft. View the current schedule>>
Pre-registration for these programs is required. Space is limited. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The goals of Ladew’s Family Nature Explorers program include:
- Introducing children and accompanying adults to the gardens in order to cultivate an interest in and appreciation for nature
- Encouraging parents and their children to venture outdoors and explore nature
- Encouraging creativity and imagination through stories, games, and the fun and whimsical designs of Mr. Ladew’s gardens
Family Nature Explorers is a monthly, Saturday, program with a learning station featuring hands-on props, activities and explorations of the natural area that day. Participants are introduced to nature themes through hands-on, outdoor exploration in the gardens, role-playing games, stories and crafts. Programs take place April through October.
Advance registration and payment is required. Registration begins two months prior to each program. Members are Free; Non-members are Free with paid garden admission. Contact Sheryl Pedrick (410) 557-9570 or firstname.lastname@example.org. View the current schedule>>
As with all of Ladew’s children’s programs, the goals for Ladew’s summer nature camps include:
- Promoting the awareness and understanding of the natural world, including plants, animals, water resources, geologic features, etc
- Encouraging an appreciation of the natural world
- Promoting the protection of and responsibility for the natural world, for the sake of all life on earth.
Summer Nature Camp is geared toward ages 4-9 years. Camp activities include daily hikes, games, experiments, stories, puppet shows, and arts and craft projects. Pre-registration with deposit is required. Space is limited. View the current schedule>>