New volunteers receive hands-on training through scheduled training sessions
and/or on-the-job experience throughout the year. Returning volunteers receive
opportunities to attend refresher training classes, as well as off-site fieldtrips.
Click here for Volunteer Training & Learning Opportunities.
- Lead 45 minute house tours
- Teach visitors about Harvey Ladew’s legacy
- Learn about Maryland history, antiques and collectibles
- Lead one hour garden tours
- Give guided golf cart tours to visitors who otherwise would not
be able to experience the gardens
- Nature Walk
- Lead Nature Walk tours
- Teach children and adults about nature
- Help maintain the trails
- Help weed and maintain the Gardens and/or Nature Walk
- Work alongside Ladew’s professional garden staff
- Teach children to understand and respect nature
- Assist staff in conducting school field trips
- Help with Summer Nature Camps
- Greet visitors and sell admissions and/or memberships
- Coordinate visitor parking
- Assist with children’s activities and crafts
- Create wreaths and fresh arrangements for Ladew’s Holiday greens Sale
- Learn techniques to create your own decorations at home
These are just a sampling of the volunteer opportunities available.
For more information or to volunteer:
BY MAIL OR FAX: (Download Application Form)
BY PHONE OR EMAIL: Contact Barbara Barnoff at (410) 557-9570, ext. 215 or email@example.com
Top image: Copyright Helen Norman Photography.