To ensure the safety of our visitors, gardens and plant collection, and to enable all visitors to enjoy the gardens:
- The main entrance and Nature Walk gates are locked at closing:
5:00 pm daily. All visitors must leave by closing time.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Please keep children with you while visiting.
- Harford County regulations do not permit visitors to bring alcoholic beverages into the garden. We reserve the right to inspect coolers and picnic baskets.
- Picnics are welcomed except in the Great Bowl, Hunt Scene and Café Courtyard.
- Please honor areas marked as restricted.
- Please be mindful, garden paths can be uneven, and boardwalk and rock paths can be slippery when wet.
- Wading or playing in pools, ponds or streams.
- Feeding or harassment of fish or wildlife.
- Removing any plant material or wildlife.
- Walking in flower beds.
- Cooking or grilling.
- Athletic and/or recreational equipment.
- Pets (only service animals are permitted).
- Soliciting of any kind.
(CLICK HERE FOR PERMISSION FORM
Amateur Photography-Ladew Gardens appreciates your interest in photographing in the gardens! We request all images be credited with Ladew Topiary Gardens as the location.
Individual or Family Portrait and Wedding Photography-Individual or family photography by professional photographers is not allowed in the gardens. Wedding and engagement portraits are allowed only if the couple has contracted to have their wedding reception at Ladew Gardens. Wedding and engagement portraits must be scheduled in advance with Barbara Barnoff, (410) 557-9570 ext. 215.
Commercial Photography-Photography/photos/images/video and film footage taken or captured at Ladew Gardens to be used for advertising, commercial use or services must be arranged in advance of the shoot by contacting Barbara Barnoff, (410) 557-9570 ext. 215. Fees are based upon the hours of the shoot and the impact on the gardens.
We remain open to the public each day and filming or photographing should not interfere with public access to the Gardens, House, Nature Walk, Café, Gift Shop, Studio, Gallery, parking spaces or other buildings. Artists are expected to follow the rules of the gardens. Set up of tripods in the gardens is limited to open lawns and paved areas. No equipment or personnel may be placed within a planted garden bed, on bare soil or on top of a structure. Interior photos of the house are prohibited without explicit advance written permission. Editorial interest in Ladew is welcomed – please contact Barbara Barnoff, (410) 557-9570 ext. 215.
Photography is not permitted in the Manor House.
Top image copyright Helen Norman Photography.