JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER FAMILY
Volunteers play a crucial role at Ladew Gardens, lending a hand in various capacities in almost all of our departments, whether working with the public or behind the scenes. Through their efforts, volunteers contribute to the beauty of the gardens, the success of our educational programs & special events, the enjoyment and experience of our visitors. Our volunteers are highly valued members of the Ladew family.
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR EVERYONE
We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for garden lovers of all ages, abilities, and interests. Chances are, we have volunteer jobs you will enjoy at the activity and involvement level you desire. As a Ladew volunteer, you’ll spend time with our talented and dedicated staff, and with other wonderful volunteers. You’ll delight in and share our visitors’ enthusiasm for this wondrous place.
• Teach children to understand and respect nature
• Assist staff in conducting school field trips
• Help with summer nature camps
• Greet visitors, sell admissions and/or memberships, provide information
• Assist with special event setup and/or breakdown
• Assist with visitor parking
• Work alongside Ladew’s professional garden staff
• Help weed and maintain the gardens
Nature Walk Maintenance
• Help maintain trail and woodland ecology
Butterfly House Maintenance and critter care
• Assist in the care of butterflies and caterpillars
• Help weed, water, deadhead and maintain garden beds
• House docents lead 45 minute tours of the Manor House
• Garden docents lead one hour tours of the formal Gardens
• Butterfly House docents educate visitors about local butterflies & caterpillars
• Create fresh flower arrangements for the Manor House
• Create wreaths and fresh arrangements for Ladew’s Holiday Greens Sale
• Assist with mailings and office support
A GREAT WAY TO LEARN AND HAVE FUN
We rely on our volunteers’ help, expertise and energy. We will ensure you receive excellent training and support specific to your assignment. Certain volunteer assignments, such as docents, require mandatory training; others will receive on-the-job orientation.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Ladew Gardens, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator Sophie Wittelsberger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out an application and send it to Ladew Gardens, 3535 Jarrettsville Pike, Monkton MD. 21111 / attention to Volunteering
We look forward to welcoming you to Ladew’s Volunteer Family!